Monday, August 29, 2011

Worth It...

"God knows when something glorious in the future necessitates something difficult in the present. Because He knows the glory will be worth it, God will risk being misunderstood."
-Beth Moore

I often say, victory isn't as sweet without a struggle- I think that fits here. When things are just handed to us, we begin to expect blessings instead of being great full for them. How many times have you thought your fertile friends or family have taken their sweet (and not so sweet) children for granted? And, how many times have you vowed to not do the same with your own children should they (finally!) arrive?

This struggle to become a mama has taught me MANY things, not the least of which is how to be a better parent once my day comes. I've learned there are things much worse to keep me up at night than a fussy baby or piles of dirty laundry. The alternative being tears and heartache or alarm clocks and injections. I for one, would choose a sweet babe (crying or not) any day. However, I'm not sure everyone (especially those who haven't walked in these shoes) would make that same choice.

Sure, there are days when I've certainly 'misunderstood' God. I've been angry with him, asked him countless times WHY this was happening to me. Why I had to have a miscarriage. Why I've had to watch my husband's painful longing to be a daddy. BUT today, He is not misunderstood in this heart of mine. I believe with every ounce of my being that He has big plans for me. Plans that include babies, one way or another. He is preparing me, and my heart for what is to come.....

and with everything we've faced I have a feeling it is going to be BIG and SO worth the wait!

... Its almost Wednesday! I am DYING to get a plan in place- soon, very soon!!

14 comments:

browning2222 said...

I feel this way also. I am glad that you are at peace with IF today. Lots of luck with setting up your plan on Wednesday.

LC said...

LOVE this post! We are going to be just absolutely joyed with what is to come..some day! And oh will we be ready!!! :)

amy said...

Love the quote by Beth Moore...I think I've put that on my FB before! It's so true, sweetie...victory IS sweeter when you fought and struggled to get there!

The Lord does have BIG plans for you, and in the depths of the valleys, it's hard to see that sometimes. Faith the size of a mustard seed my friend :)

Still praying for you! Excited for your plan to get started!

Michele said...

Sounds like you are doing great and you sound very hopeful. I'm glad you're looking ahead and doing better.

Unknown said...

This is the best blog I have ever read. Seriously you have no idea how much God just used you to help me...

Tiffany said...

Great post, so uplifting! I cannot wait to see what He has in store for you. I'm sure wonderful doesn't even begin to describe it!!

E and R said...

So very true! IF tests so many of our relationships - not just with our husbands, but with family, friends, and with God. So many lessons learned - many of them hard - but they will make us better parents in the long run.
Can't wait for your appointment so you can get a plan in place!!

The House of One said...

I love how uplifting you can be in your time of struggle! Thinking of you, my friend!

Frankie Bee said...

Very inspiring post! I think we will appreciate our pregnancies and babies more than those who had it come easily. It will be worth the wait! Good luck with your appt!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote..... so true. IF has definetly made me a stronger person, and so grateful! A quote that i really cling too is "when you can't trace Gods hands you can trust His heart"
I know that God has great things in store for you. I hope your appt goes well.

L said...

I love this post too :) You are right, we will never take our pregnancies or children for granted - we know what a gift that is!

Sarra said...

What a great post. It really hit home for me. Sometimes we don't understand God's path for us, but someday, we'll be able to look at our child and truly appreciate what a miracle they are. And hopefully someday we'll understand why it took us so long to get there.

Jessica said...

Just found your blog!! I love this post. I look forward to following your journey.

K said...

Glad you are getting a plan back in place, my plan is just about to start up! Exciting.

I have tagged you on my blog with a Virtual Hug award, you are an amazing lady, and I cherish your comments :)