Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sleep....

I hadn't realized how tired I was from the events of the last couple weeks until this morning when I woke up after nearly twelve hours of sleep induced by my new friend Tyle.nol PM. I slept so well, finally. I think being mentally and physically exhausted makes this whole process even worse, and today, today I feel like a different person- rested and ready to face the day.

The last few days I haven't been able to accomplish much more than getting dressed, brushing my teeth, eating when I absolutely had to, watching some TV and on most days making my way to the back yard to sit in the sun and read. This morning first thing I took some time to load the dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen a little and actually considered rounding up a load of laundry. Its a new day. Its a better day. I know for awhile it will probably 'two steps forward and one step back' but that is OK with me as long as I'm making progress toward that light at the end of the tunnel. I WANT OUT!

As one of my blogger buddies reminds me... and I remind myself every morning, every night and sometimes in-between.... day by day you'll make your way. I believe it- one foot in front of the other, one step at a time.

5 comments:

Sarra said...

Thinking of you.

The House of One said...

How does the saying go...?

Year by year all is unclear, but day by day we make our way.

I love it and it's so true. Thinking of you, my friend!

Jessica said...

You'll make it. :) You are stronger than you think and God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Praying some peace upon you.

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you find comfort and strength in the midst of all your pain. Take it easy on yourself.

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Im glad you had a long sleep and rested. You are very strong I can tell from this post. You will get there, we all will :) thinking of you! x