Monday, August 15, 2011

Numero Six....UPDATED

Repeat beta number six was drawn this morning and I am more than ready for it to be at zero. One week ago it was 8.9, so let's hope today is the last blood draw! I am ready to be working toward getting pregnant again instead of waiting to get un-pregnant.

In other completely unrelated news... we painted our master bathroom on Sunday. We'd been planning to do it for a long time, but now the time was right and my hands and mind needed to be kept busy! I'm not sure I'm in love with the color but I think once we've picked out matching decor I'll like it more.

*** UPDATE ***
My nurse called this afternoon- my hcg is back to zero, so no more blood work for me. We also scheduled our 'next steps' appointment for August 31st. Our doctor will present our case this week- the practice doctors will review the cycle and brainstorm next steps together. This gives us a couple of weeks to figure out exactly what we would like to do as well as mentally prepare to jump back into IVF.

And because inquiring minds want to know... we painted our bathroom green... avocado-ish.

8 comments:

E and R said...

Fingers are crossed for a zero!!!!!
What color did you go with for the bathroom? I so want to do some painting (everything is brown {ok beige or tan or whatever you want to call it}) and I can't since we are renting since this is just a temporary landing spot! Oh well. I will have to live vicariously through those of you who can do fun stuff with your homes!

M said...

Congrats on finally getting to zero! I guess you beat me, not really sure since my last one was 5, so we'll say it's a draw. :) And thank you for the last line of your post, because I was totally wondering what color! Ours is Zinfandel right now, and we're looking to completely change.

Christina said...

I'm glad that you're back to zero now, and wish you all the best on the re-group appointment. I hope that you will get the answers that you're looking for. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. xo

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are back down to a zero and can move on to the next step. I love painting rooms in my house, and I have definitely had paint colors I didn't like and redid. Give it some time to see if it grows on you before redoing it.

E and R said...

Thank goodness!!! I am so glad you don't have to have anymore blood drawn. What a relief to be able to take those next steps!

Nice! My mom has her bathroom a greenish color and it turned out really nice - but took some time to get used to (as most big changes do!)

Sarra said...

I'm glad to hear that you are finally through the toughest part and can begin to really think about your next steps. You're such an inspiration.

Hope you find some cute decor to go with your new green bathroom! We are about to paint our bedroom a slate blue color and I'm so nervous! Hope it turns out okay!

LC said...

I am so glad your hcg is back to zero. I'm glad you have some time before your what's next appointment to process all this and decide how you want to continue forward.
Oh and the painting sounds really fun! Just in the past week, I have decided I want to pain our living room. Huge project for the fall...yay!

The House of One said...

Oh yes. I remember that zero beta. I was SO HAPPY to not have to go in and get my blood drawn anymore!! I'm glad you have your next appointment scheduled too! It's so comforting to have the next step on the calendar to work towards.