Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pluggin' Along...

Just like you've all said over and over... everyday will get a little easier. Most days I wake up and do feel a little better, every once in awhile I have a day were I regress a little, but that's OK... things ARE getting better.

After a couple of good nights of sleep I've been able to accomplish a few things around the house and that makes me feel so much better. It was hard to be sad laying on couch with a messy house, it felt like I was failing at EVERYTHING. Even though I absolutely know that I did nothing wrong to make our pregnancy not work out, I was still harboring a little anger at my body for not doing more... being better. After a little sleep I've been able to step back and see things with a rational set of eyes which has been a much better outlook.

I know I am in no way over what has happened. It sucks. It has been a hard, emotional and painful experience- but, just like infertility, it does not define me. It is another difficult hoop to jump through, another cement block in the middle of the road- lucky for us, we've seen things like this before and we know we're strong enough to jump the hoops and push the road blocks out of our way. We can do hard things- over and over.

We aren't quitters... especially when it comes to our babies.

3 comments:

E and R said...

You are right, it does suck - but you can't let it define you or this journey. You WILL get your babies. Good days and bad days and moments will come and you will get through them and you will come out the other side stronger. You guys are in my prayers!

LC said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are starting to get better. I've been thinking of you and praying that you start to find some peace. It sounds as though you are finding comfort and the strength to move forward. :) Thanks for the update dear.

Stephanie said...

Good for you for taking a step back and realizing as much as this sucks, you did nothing wrong. That is a hard thing to come to terms with but it's the truth.