Monday, August 1, 2011

Not the news I was hoping for....

I spent most of the morning enjoying the blissful fact that I'm pregnant, and while that hasn't changed, we're not overly certain that it is going to progress from here.

I had my second beta this morning, four days after the first. It was 106 last Thursday and theoretically, it should have quadrupled since then. We were looking for anything over 400. Unfortunately, today's beta was only 157.8.

For now, I am supposed to continue taking my medication and have a third beta on Wednesday. I am trying to stay positive at this point, but it is so hard not to think the worst. So now, I'm finding myself in pregnancy limbo... not sure what the future is going to hold.

Please pray that things look better on Wednesday... and for the next two days to pass quickly- right now Wednesday seems like like years away.


16 comments:

Michele said...

I will be thinking about you, I hope things start looking up.

E and R said...

Oh I am sorry that the number wasn't better! I hope that this doesn't mean the worst and that Wednesday's number is MUCH better! Thinking of you!!!

LC said...

Thinking of you sweetie!!!

Emms said...

Thinking of you and hoping the news is much better on Wednesday!

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Thinking of you as well and wishing that number improves by your next test on Wednesday!

Diana said...

Thinking of u... things will get better by Wed. Let's BELIEVE :)

((hugs))

Frankie Bee said...

Praying for you and hoping that you get some really good news on Wednesday.

Melody said...

I am 9 weeks pregnant and my baby is PERFECT. But, 3 weeks ago, my doctor told me I needed a D and C because my numbers weren't doubling like they should. They doubled in 4 days instead of 2. Then, we went in for an ultrasound and the doctor saw NOTHING! Obviously I was crushed but I just continued to pray and last Friday I had my 2nd ultrasound and my baby is just fine! No one knows why Beta's sometimes rise fast and sometimes don't but honestly it is possible for your baby to be just perfect! Also, my doctor said it was possible there were 2 embroys and one just didn't make it. So, please keep your chin up! Going up is SO good! It didn't go down and that is what is important!

amy said...

Praying SO SO hard for you!!!! Don't know much about beta numbers, but miracles happen my friend :) Please stay positive!!

Stephanie said...

Definitely sending positive thoughts your way and saying a pray that your numbers will rise and the pregnancy will stay strong. Hang in there!

M said...

You're in my thoughts. Hope Wednesday comes quickly for you!

L said...

Praying for good news on Wednesday. Hang in there - the time between betas seemed really long to me.

Kelli said...

thinking of you that Wednesday's numbers are great news. xoxo

Miss Mac said...

Praying for good news on Wednesday!!!

Christina said...

I'm sorry that today's beta wasn't what you were hoping for. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there, my dear.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you.... I am really hoping that Wednesday brings better news. I hope Tuesday goes by fast- the waiting part is so hard.
I am so sorry that you are going through this- hang in there. I can not imagine all the thoughts and emotions that you are dealing with.
Know that your are in my thoughts.