Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Simple.

Although I don't have the one thing that I long for more than anything, I do have a lot. A lot that I take for granted. Tonight my husband reminded me of that. What started out as an errand, turned into dinner, which turned into a walk in the rain. For a few moments tonight all of my worries melted away and I felt lucky. As we walked in the rain hand in hand life seemed so simple. For the first time in a long time, my thoughts were not consumed with IF (infertility), I was just happy. Pure and simple, happy. I need to spend more time being thankful for the things that are going right in my life, and let the things that aren't just slide for a little while. It's worth it. Joy is worth it.
Tonight I am thankful for a husband that takes me as I am each day. Tears or a smile, it doesn't matter to him. All that matters is that I am his. Someday he will be a fantastic Daddy. Someday.

No comments: