Saturday, November 14, 2009

Breaking Point.

There has to be one, and I think I'm almost there. I am pretty much terrified of the holiday season. It is inevitable that someone will ask us when we are going to have kids, it happens every year, and until now I brushed it off with a giggle. It isn’t that easy anymore. Now it feels like a dagger. I am nervous beyond belief that one of these days it is just going to be too much and I am going to make a fool of myself by screaming at the top of my lungs…


“Stop asking. It is NONE of your business, but if you must know we’ve been trying for X amount of months and I’ve tried XYZ treatments. It is painfully hard, and every time you ask I die a little more inside. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.”

I can’t promise that in the moment it wouldn’t also be littered with expletives, but I can promise anyone within ear shot would think I was certifiably crazy. Cross your fingers with me that I make it to 2010 with my dignity.

No comments: