Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Room with a Purpose.

When we found our home I quickly chose the room we would someday (hopefully) use for a nursery. Before we moved into the house I considered leaving the room empty, or at least not filling it to the brim and hanging things on the walls. But as moving day approached, and I wasn’t pregnant, I decided to throw caution to the wind and fill the room with the things that make me happy now in the midst of the pain and suffering that is infertility.

I sew in that room, I read in that room, I dream in that room, I write this blog in that room, and I pray for babies in that room.

The room, like my life, is full. It is a constant reminder of what I don’t have, but it also reminds me that I am abundantly blessed and shouldn't take any of it for granted. Someday this room will have a new purpose, but for now it makes the journey a little easier.

No comments: