Monday, November 16, 2009

Ornament Tradition

Before my husband and I were married, we started a tradition of buying each other a Christmas ornament each year. Some years we’ve each just picked something that the other would like, while others we try to purchase something that would remind us of that particular year. I’ve already bought his ornament for this Christmas and it is reminiscent of the past year.

Recently, while I was thinking about the ornament I bought, I began thinking about what he might buy me this year. Sure something house or sewing related would be fitting, but my thoughts went somewhere else completely. The ornament that I was picturing was the metallic kind that seems to come in every shape imaginable, except maybe the shape I was thinking about. I couldn’t get it out of my head; it was a uterus complete with fallopian tubes and ovaries. Although it would be fitting and downright funny, it might be a bit tricky to explain to our family and our future children!

No comments: