In just the few minutes we talked, we touched on so many aspects of this journey:
- Making a plan with your spouse about how far is too far.
- Preparing your heart, mind, body and checking account for what is about to happen.
- Having a plan for number of embryos to transfer prior to the sometimes emotional morning of the transfer.
- Understanding your calendar and the drugs you will be taking.
- Making a decision about where your drugs will come from- domestic vs. international.
- The importance of cool socks.
- The amount the general public knows about infertility and the IVF process.
- The scary reality that even some of your IVF (or any treatment for that matter) peers know very little about what they are about to do.
- The fact that sometimes participating in medical studies doesn't outweigh cost of treatment/sanity.
- Balancing hope with reality. Having a guarded heart while still experiencing pure joy.
- Tricks for injections.
If only every person who jumped feet first into fertility treatment was more than consultation appointment educated.