Friday, September 16, 2011

Free


“Every time you meet a situation you think at the time it is an impossibility and you go through the tortures of the damned, once you have met it and lived through it, you find that forever after you are freer than you were before.” 
 Eleanor Roosevelt 


After reading the quote for the first time I said YES! with a huge grin on my face. The last couple of months have been hard, but this is absolutely how I feel. I lived through what was undoubtedly the hardest thing I've ever done- and I made it. After days of wondering if we'd find our way out, we did, and with it came strength and courage to do other hard things. 


Speaking of doing hard things... I ordered a necklace for IVF #2. For our first cycle I wore a necklace that said HOPE. When we paced the first order last spring I was torn between 'hope' and 'I can do hard things'... and after the last couple of months I am sure the second sentiment is TRUE. It should arrive early next week and I'll be sure to post of picture then!

2 comments:

E and R said...

I love Eleanor Roosevelt - I am sure you are surprised - like not at all.
Can't wait to see the necklace - sounds most appropriate!

Sarra said...

I am loving these quotes. They are helping me so much, so thank you for posting them. I feel like I need to read more about Eleanor Roosevelt now!

I love that you ordered a necklace to wear. What a beautiful sentiment and it will be there to remind you to keep faith.

This quote really speaks to me, because I think it speaks of how our fear is really the hardest part. Once we've lived it and realize we can make it through and face our worst fears, we are free again.