Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crossing Bridges

You know the saying "I'll cross that bridge when I get there"? Well, there have been a lot of those after all of the happenings if the last summer. I've chosen to deal with feelings as they arise, and not worry about the feelings that may go with a situation/day/event until it happens, because really, even I don't have any idea what is going to be a trigger.

Well, I crossed a bridge this weekend. I'm not sure I ever shared how we told our families that we were expecting, in fact, I'm pretty sure that post is sitting in my archives as a draft. Anyway- Hub's parents were out of town about an hour from our hometown and about 4 hours from where we now call home. We drove there the night of our first beta. It's a place we'd both spent a lot of time growing up, and hadn't been in years. Well, just a little over 8 weeks later, I went back. As we drove down the road where his parents were staying when we told them, it kind of took my breath away- but truth be told, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I sat on the beach for a couple of hours just thinking about it all. And I felt at total peace. I was able to think and truly believe this is part if my story, part of the plan, something that I'll grow in big ways from, something that has already changed my heart in big-never-going-to-forget kinds of ways.

I'm not saying the hard days are a thing of he past, but I AM saying I've crossed another bridge and dangit, I'm proud of myself! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you too. Nothing about infertility is easy and sharing the hard parts with loved ones can be such a challenge. I hope easier times are on the horizon. (((HUGS)))