Tuesday, September 27, 2011

And so it begins......

I'm feeling really hopeful about our upcoming cycle, and although I'm not drugged up and hormonal yet, this commercial gets me every.single.time. I love it. 


And an update-  I FINALLY started my period today! I'll call the clinic this morning and find out whats next. I know I'll start birth control on Thursday, but I'm unsure if I need to go in for a baseline since I was just in a week and a half ago for an ultrasound. Even though we're doing a full BC cycle before we start BC for IVF, reality is setting in that this is all starting again. This next month will be very similar to what May was for our first cycle, and while May seemed to drag on, I spent a lot of time worrying that my cycle would go on forever and IVF would get pushed back. Since we're doing a month of BC, we can be fairly sure when everything will happen moving forward. As of today our chart should be making its rounds through the clinic, drugs should start being ordered, insurance should be notified, our calendar should be created.... EXCITING!!!

So, here we go. There is no looking back now. Again, just like our first cycle, I am oddly calm about the whole thing. I'm taking the 'what will be, will be' approach and trying not to stress about the outcome when we haven't even started yet. I'm sure some anxiety will come, but less about the process more about the results. For now, I just keep reminding myself that I did it before and I can do it again... all of it. I'm strong. I'm tough. I'm not a quitter. 

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm on day 3 today... waiting to hear how my blood work was and if we start this cycle!! Fingers crossed!!!

Janet Off Kilter said...

Good luck! I'm sure this will be your cycle! I'm on day 11 of my 2ww wait after my FET. Crossed fingers for you!

The House of One said...

I'm so impressed with your positive outlook. You're one amazing lady!

Jessica said...

SO excited for you. I cant wait to read all about it!

Michele said...

I'm glad you're so positive about it all, it sounds like you are doing so well. I like your motto too!

Sarra said...

Yay for AF showing up and moving on to the next step! I definitely envy your sense of calm about this process. I feel so tightly wound up, it's awful. Send some of that calm over my way, haha. Wishing you the best. You are most definitely a strong woman and I'm hoping for a great next cycle for you.

Christina said...

All the best as you start this cycle. It's good that you've already had the experience of one round under your belt. You and your doctors can only be better the second time around. I hope you take comfort in that, and know that we are all rooting for you!