Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter! Ours consisted of church (more on that later!), a waddle through the grocery store, a lavish (ha!) taco bell lunch in the sun, a traditional Easter dinner and the evening ended with me icing my crotch. Seriously. Ouch.

We've lived in this city for over two years now and have had every intention of finding a church, but never have. This morning we tried out a church. We arrived a little early and sat in a row by ourselves. Soon, a older woman came in next to us and struck up a conversation with us. She asked if we had children (this is the root of the reason I've been so reluctant to find a church) and I replied by saying "I'm pregnant with our first and second." It gave me an immense amount of joy to smile as I looked down at my belly and rubbed my baby boys. She asked if twins run our family and she also said "there are so many twins these days- I know a lot of them are those artificial ones. You know, like the ones the movie stars have." ha! The entire time hubs was squeezing my leg. In the past this conversation would have irritated me. Today, not an ounce of what she said to me mattered- I had two sweet baby boys in my belly kicking away.... That, and I'm pretty sure she just called me a movie star :)

Next up was a trip to the grocery store to prepare for an Easter dinner that we hadn't really planned on cooking for the two of us. I'm pretty sure the pregnancy waddle has begun. Everything in my pelvis is sore and this belly is starting to throw off my center of gravity. After grabbing everything we needed for dinner, we decided there was no way we would able to be able to wait a couple of hours to eat while everything cooked, so we decided on taco bell for lunch... a new Easter tradition in the making? Probably not.

And finally, my evening ended laying on the couch with an ice pack on my lady bits. Yes, that is how sore that area is. It is excruciating pain when I change positions in bed at night, get up from a sitting or laying position or walk farther than about 20 feet. As sore and uncomfortable as I am, I'd do it for 40 more weeks if I knew that my babies were safe and growing in there... thankfully I only have a maximum of 20 more to go!

To to sum up the day... my babies are 'artificial', I'm a movie star, taco bell is an appropriate holiday meal and nothing ends an evening like icing your crotch.

8 comments:

Michele said...

Haha, what a day!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like the perfect Easter to me, ha! Artificial babies, huh? Wow...

Mrs. H said...

Sounds like you handled the situation at church well. It reminds me of that cartoon on youtube "mom of multiples". That cartoon always gives me a good chuckle. Sounds like you had a nice Easter!

Megan said...

What a day! Have you considered seeing a chiro for your pain? Your pelvis is probably out of alignment.

Sybil said...

If that icing is from the unpleasant side effects of constipation, you might try taking some Miralax. I have been taking it daily since I was 10weeks....and I am now 29w. It is tasteless and minimizes the discomfort 'down there'. My doctor told me to take as much as needed...which for me is between 1 and 2 doses daily.

Jesica said...

Wow, what a day! I'm so sorry about the sore pelvis, that sounds miserable!

Sarra said...

Haha, artificial? Seriously lady, lol. Sounds like an interesting Easter! Sorry about your sore lady bits! Ouch!!!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Sounds like a great Easter. The old lady cracked me up. You are a movie star! I hope the soreness gets better.