Tuesday, April 17, 2012

21 weeks

How Far Along: 21 weeks 
How Big are the Babies? They are each the size of a banana.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Soooooo, this morning the scale says (liar!) that I'm up 13lbs. post retrieval. Ladies, that means I've gained 5-6 pounds in a WEEK. So, this is what being pregnant with twins is like. I've been thinking for weeks this was bound to happen.... it appears I've arrived. Don't take this as me caring about the weight gain- anything for these little stinkers, it just surprised the heck out of me this morning! 
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing mainly maternity. 
Movement: Loving every single one of their little kicks!
Belly button in or out? Getting more shallow. 
What I miss: Feeling rested.
Milestones: Baby furniture IN MY HOUSE!!!
Food Cravings:  There was one day that I couldn't live without a bean burrito... at least it was lots of protein!
Aversions: Eggs. I keep trying, but they are still totally gross.
Symptoms:  Exhaustion, leg cramps, lots of soreness and ligament pain. 
Best Moment this week: Getting the cribs set up and in their room!
Funny Moment: While hubs was putting the cribs together I was sitting on the floor 'helping' him. He got up to go do something and I fell asleep sitting up with my face in the slats of the crib.
Tip of the Week: Listen to your body- do what it needs. It is totally not worth it to make your body wait.
What I'm looking forward to: Two weeks until we get another peek at our sweet little guys!


*I'll do my best to remember to add a picture later.

6 comments:

E and R said...

Glad things are going well! I LOVED feeling Lexi moving around, it was the best thing ever!

Janet Off Kilter said...

21 weeks...wow...time flies!!

Xiomi said...

13 lbs for 21 weeks is awesome!!! I think I had gained about the same for the Twinkies...you will find that some weeks you gain a pound or two and then there are weeks when the scale will say that you gained 5+ lbs...hehehe!!! Don't worry about the lbs think about those two cuties that rely on Mommy for their food. I had gained a total of 25lbs with the twins and that was because they were delivered at 35wks and 4 days.

MaryMargaret said...

Isn't is crazy to think of how big they are?! Congratulations on the nursery progress!

Mrs. H said...

You're going to be meeting these babies in no time. And pardon me but the funny moment simply made me laugh out loud. You fell asleep sitting up.

The House of One said...

I've been completely MIA, but had to check on you! I am SO HAPPY for you! Two little boys....amazing!! :)