Tuesday, April 24, 2012

22 Weeks

How Far Along: 22 weeks
How Big are the Babies? They are each the size of a papaya.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 13lbs since retrieval. Thank goodness the trend from last week didn't continue, I kept thinking about what I'd look like at delivery if I gained 5 lbs a week from here on out... it was scary!
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity- sweats, jackets and a few shirts are non-maternity. 
Movement: They are moving a TON and I love it! I often wonder how it differs from carrying just one baby, with these boys it is kind of like WWF in my belly!
Belly button in or out? Getting more shallow, kind of sore and a little itchy. 
What I miss: Not needing a nap everyday.
Milestones: Taking our first baby preparedness class. We took a two day class over the weekend about multiple newborn care and breastfeeding. I'm so glad I found this class in time, I feel like we learned a lot about what it will be like to come home with two babies. It wasn't a TON of new knowledge, but I do feel like we are much more comfortable with what is ahead of us now. 
Food Cravings:  Jumbo Red Vines.... preferably after they have been sitting open for a few days and are a little stale. Is that gross?
Aversions: Eggs. Still grossing me out.
Symptoms:  Exhaustion, leg cramps, lots of soreness and ligament pain. 
Best Moment this week: Hubs feeling BIG kicks from the outside. He has felt them several times in the last couple of weeks, but usually has to ask if he really felt something. There was no guessing with these movements- both of our eyes welled up a bit. Such a sweet and exciting moment. Another big moment was getting the invitation for MY baby shower in the mail! Holy cow, I'm SO excited!
Funny Moment: This is an old one... but it gets brought up at our house all.the.time. When I was about 15 weeks pregnant a friend of ours let us barrow their doppler. I think it was our first time using it that my husband heard the progression of a gas bubble from the inside. He claims he will NEVER be the same again. Now if we ever listen to the boys' heartbeats he always asks before if I'm feeling 'gassy'.
Tip of the Week: Protein, water and rest. I'm fairly certain these three things run my life these days.
What I'm looking forward to: One more week until we get to see our boys again. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much they've grown and changed!



4 comments:

Joys Truly said...

Love the belly! (and kind of stale Red Vines as well)

E and R said...

You look so cute!!! Love the story about the doppler...too funny!

Jesica said...

Oh look at that belly! You're really going to start surpassing all of us with singletons now!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Look at that beautiful belly! Your Hubby hearing a gas bubble is really funny!