Tuesday, April 3, 2012

19 weeks

How Far Along: 19 weeks 
How Big are the Babies? They are each the size of a mango.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up five or six pounds post retrieval, or 11 or 12 pounds overall if you count what I lost and gained back in the beginning. 
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing all maternity on the bottom (unless I'm wearing sweats) and just a few maternity tops.
Movement: They are moving, and I'd love to feel them more often! Now that I'm feeling them, it freaks me out when I go a few hours without feeling that gentle tapping. Baby A's movements are few and far between- I wish that dang placenta would move so I'd be able to feel his movements more. 
Belly button in or out? Still in. It did crack and bleed this week.... I suppose that means it is stretching. 
What I miss: Feeling rested.
Milestones: Anatomy scan today! Update to come :)
Food Cravings:  Nothing really this week. Fruit still sounds really good.
Aversions: Eggs are slowly getting better. I've eaten them a couple of times now.
Symptoms:  Nausea when I get hungry, the never ending stuffed up nose, occasional heartburn, tailbone pain and overall fatigue. OH! and this crazy soreness/pain in what feels like the my crotch bones... anyone have this one??
Best Moment this week: Seeing the nursery all painted and ready to be decorated! I can't wait to get started. I think we'll order the cribs this week :)
Funny Moment: We painted the nursery over the weekend and were finishing up around lunch time. As Hubs put the finishing touches on the room, I said I'd run out and get lunch. I was starving! I ordered our food at the drive up and when I reached the window they informed me that they were not taking any sort of card as payment. WHAT?!?! As usual, I had no cash and I had to come home and find something at home to make for lunch, but not before I was nearly in tears in the car on the way home. Who does that to a starving pregnant woman?? Hubs looked at me like I was CRAZY when I told him how upset I was!
Tip of the Week: Protein and water fix almost anything.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our babies TODAY and finding out for sure if we're having two boys or a boy and a girl!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck at your appointment today, and have fun seeing those sweet babes again! No card as payment? What the heck? I bet they wasted a lot of food not telling people that up front.

Amy said...

I haven't commented in awhile, but I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you. I know this is an anonymous blog but do you think you could share a bump picture?! I would love to see those twins! :)

Congratulations again and I wish you nothing but the best for the duration of your pregnancy. Can't wait to hear about the anatomy scan!

Megan said...

Yay for seeing your babies! I have an ultrasound today too.

Caitlin said...

So excited for your scan! And so jealous of your nursery progress - I cannot wait to get started on our nursery!

Jesica said...

I've started to have a soreness/cramping sensation in my low low low pelvic region. I asked my midwife about it she just said it was stretching muscles!

Can't wait to hear if you're having 2 boys or boy and girl!