Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dull...

You know what's rad? Dull needles.

The past TWO mornings poor hubs has tried to give me my IM menopur injection and the needle wouldn't go in with his normal pressure. This in turn freaks him out a little and we have to change the needle and go through the build up again. Both mornings we've managed, but seriously- not an enjoyable experience!

I'm crossing my little fingers that tomorrow will be trigger day. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be back on Monday for one last look and triggering orders, but a girl can wish, right? Grow, follies, grow... I am ready to be DONE with the needles!!!!

My energy level is pretty much non-existent. I got in my bed last night about 7:30 and read until I had to take a pill at 9 and then promptly fell asleep and slept soundly until 6 this morning when it was time for another injection. I'm not sure if it is from the meds, or my lack of exercise, but it is killing me.

This weekend it's time to get organized for some lazy days ahead... Cleaning, ironing and maybe a couple of make ahead meals. I still haven't finished decorating for Christmas, and I'm on the fence about finishing. As of now we have a couple things up in addition to our Christmas tree. The thought of getting everything else out seems a little daunting 9 days into stims, knowing that we won't be having anyone into our home between now and Christmas makes it all seem silly. Thoughts?

6 comments:

L said...

I'm crossing my fingers that you can trigger tomorrow and be done with needles for a while!

JM said...

A girl can wish BIG TIME :) I am so glad you mentioned the energy thing- I have absolutely none right now. I slept for almost 12 hours thursday night. Last night, I hit 10 hours. And now? Contemplating a pre-dinner nap. So. So. Tired.

And I have a crap ton to do before retrieval Mon am, too. Lots of laundry, xmas decorating, sweep/vacuuming... Oy vey!

E and R said...

Hopefully the rest of the needles are nice and SHARP!!
I am having the same thoughts about decorating - no one will be here but us and it is a lot of work...but hubby L-O-V-E-S to have the house decorated for Christmas, so I am sure I will have no choice in the matter. Then of course there is the fact that it all has to be taken down in about a month. WHEW - a lot of work. Good luck with the decision! :)

Lanie said...

I agree! Sometimes injections hurt so much more than usual! I had no idea that it might be dull needles! Yes. Finish decorating. Even if its just for you and hubby. You will enjoy it so much during you tww!

Jen said...

I've enjoyed your blog very much! Thank you for sharing your story with so many! I've shared a blog award with you on my blog!

Lanie said...

I gave you a blogger award on my blog today. :)

Good luck on your retrieval soon!!!