Thursday, December 22, 2011

Beta #2

I'm terrified.

I don't have any good reason to think things aren't progressing just fine, but the pregnancy from our last IVF cycle ruined me. I am so scared to get a call today that either starts with 'unfortunately' or ends with the words I heard last time... 'we'll just have to wait and see.' Today I'm looking for words like congratulations, pregnant, doubled, 800.

The worst part is, I feel like such a jerk for even posting that I'm scared. I mean Tuesday brought some pretty great looking numbers, numbers that some would argue sound an awful lot like twins. But, I try to be honest. And if I'm being honest, I'm terrified. Like really, really terrified.

Hopefully I'll be back this afternoon with some great news, until then say a prayer- cross your fingers- send good vibes... whatever it is you do, please do it!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I will be sending lots of love your way!!! Prayers for a great BETA #2!!

E and R said...

I think your feelings are completely natural given your previous experience! Sending MANY prayers, good vibes, fingers and toes are crossed...etc. for awesome numbers when you get the call!

JM said...

Oh, whatever, complain away. You've lost a pregnancy before- of COURSE you're going to be scared.

I'm sure it's all for nothing though- your beta is going to be fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Don't feel bad for being scared or posting it here! I'm still scared and I'm 30 weeks along! Seriously, the baby wasn't kicking on schedule earlier this week despite my rolling around, coughing, poking at my belly and shining a flashlight on it and I was convinced I was going to go to my Wed OBGYN 30 week check up and be told there wasn't a heartbeat. As my mommy friends have told me, this is just the beginning. We'll be scared for our kiddos for the rest of our lives now ;)

Saying prayers for a great phone call and for strength for you!! Hugs, friend!!

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Crossing my fingers for you.

L said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way....hopefully they call you soon so you can relax and enjoy the great news!!

Michele said...

Thinking positively for you and hoping for the best. I hope we hear good news later today.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way about tomorrow!!!! Great numbers today :)