Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5w1d

Yesterday I reached the five week mark. It is a weird to think that it will have been a little more than two weeks since any kind of testing when we go in for our ultrasound at 6w3d. I'm looking forward to it, but it is all a little scary at the same time. After having a miscarriage in August I feel like there is just this 'what if?' hanging over our heads. I'm trying really really hard to ignore it, but it is there. All the time. 

I had my check up with my PCP yesterday to go over my thyroid levels from Thursday. He agreed that while it would be good to have it lower, we caught it super early and it really wasn't super high. He drew blood again yesterday and it was only 2.47 instead of the 3.75 it was on Thursday (different labs). I have a feeling it has to do with my dose of estrace being cut in half beginning last Wednesday. I had been taking the morning dose three hours after my thyroid medication (as recommended) but I just have a feeling that made it spike up. My doctor did increase my dose yesterday from 75mcg to 100mcg,  and even with my level coming back at 2.47 yesterday I think my body will do fine with the increase. One less thing to worry about. We'll recheck in 4 weeks. 

Not much more to report. I have a few symptoms here and there but nothing horrible. I'm pretty sure the highlight of my week was picking up my endometrin refill this morning and not having to pay a cent for it! $45 copay + $ 50 coupon = ZERO out of pocket!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my first u/s at 6w3d too and as excited as I am, I am terrified!!! I just want to see something healthy and growing in there. IF and mc's can really put a damper on the excitement...uggggg

Michele said...

Glad to hear that things are going well all around. One thing I just heard about Thyroid meds that might interest you is that sometimes the name brand is better than the generic because it absorbs better. I've heard this now from multiple sources, so if your numbers take you from hypo to hyper because of the dosage change, you might ask to go back to 75 but ask to be put on the name brand not generic.

jill's infertility document said...

These first few weeks are excruciatingly slow!

Kelli said...

Crossing fingers for you! Hooray for "free" meds!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

I have heard the same thing about brand vs generic thyroid meds. I used to work for an endo and most of the patients experienced issues with the generic. I am so glad everything is going well and I can't wait for your US!