Saturday, October 8, 2011

I lost...

Does anyone else play the 'who can hold out the longest not turning on the heat' game with their spouse? 

No? You're all dignified adults that just set your thermostat to a certain temp and it stays there all year? 

Boring!

At any rate, I lost the game this week when it was 64 degrees inside our house and I was trying to clean our bedroom dressed similar to Chevy Chase in the attic scene of Christmas Vacation! 

Here's hoping next year we have a tiny reason (or two!) to turn the heat on a little earlier :)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hehe. It's been chilly here at night the last few days. We just broke down and turned ours on last night! I'm so excited for your upcoming cycle!

Jessica said...

Haha this made me laugh usually my DH is the first to give!

Sybil said...

Last year we did that! Since we live in Florida we didn't have to turn the heat on til end of Dec! But we did burn wood in the fireplace beginning in late Nov - does that count?

JM said...

I was thinking about that the other day. It's in the 60's in our house right now, and I'm bundled up in a blanket like I LOVE to do (it's just so cozy!) and Dr Boy has his old man slipper on. Then I started to think "man, when we have kids, we're going to need to keep the house a decent temp all the time... not too hot, not too cold...

And then I got sad again because it's not going to be any time soon. Stupid effing infertility.

The House of One said...

We still have our AC on. Our battle is more who can hold out the longest on turning the AC off. I lose everytime. :)