Turns out blogging about your missing period is all it takes- she was ready and waiting when I woke up this morning. I've called my clinic and we are all set to start our cycle! I'll start birth control on Wednesday and be on it for a whopping 24 days, about a week before that is over I'll start lupron and I'll have my suppression check (AKA, the handing over of my bank account!) the day before Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is already almost November!
The title of this post is in reference to the rest of my morning. Insurance. I have a love hate relationship with it. I actually HATE talking about it on here because I know many of you would love to have my problems if only you'd get a little coverage, but I have to get it off my chest. I've called about the same claim probably 15 or 20 times now, and only today did they tell me how to fix the problem. I'm not exactly happy with the fix, but I'm so over fighting about it that I'll just eat the $163 and be done with it. It is all because of my trial transfer back in May. According to their infertility department it isn't a covered claim- it is to be 'inclusive' with the ER/ET. If I keep the claim and have it paid by the insurance it takes away one of my lifetime ART courses of treatment (because it is billed under the same coding as ET). If I have it removed, I'll have to pay for it out of pocket. It makes me a little angry, but at this point it is the difference of $163 or about $10k.... I think I'll just count my blessings and pay the dang $163. Insurance wins this one.
However, I while I was on the phone with the infertility department (who is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to) I asked a few questions that I'd been wondering about, and low and behold I was very pleased with the answer. Up until this point I'd been under the impression that if we ever had three or more embryos frozen that were of similar stage (in our case, day 6 blasts) then we would have to choose a frozen transfer over a third fresh cycle. This had been worrying me, because I know that we want more than one child and the scenarios were running through my head about what we would do at the end of this cycle depending on the number of embryos that were available to freeze and their grades. It turns out with our plan, it is a choice that will be made by our doctor and us, not the insurance company. I am hoping and praying with all I have that I never have to face another fresh cycle, but if I do, I know now that it is a choice we will be able to make.
We have a fish tank in our guestbedroom/office that is making a horrid sound and I can't possibly sit in here and type out the insensitive-sister-in-law story, so you'll have to wait for another day!