Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Real.....

There have been many points over the course of the last few months that have made IVF feel more and more real... like it is actually going to happen, and may actually WORK! First it felt so real after our consult when we agreed that this was it- time to bite the bullet and move on in treatments. Then it got a little more real with the testing cycle. Then when I started birth control after doing nothing for weeks, it felt so real. Last night as I effortlessly injected myself with Lupron (does it sting like mad, or is it just me???) I laughed to myself when I thought.... Gosh, this is starting to feel very real! I'm sure there will be moments like this in the coming weeks, but for now I am just going to do my best to live in present, because for the first time in a LONG time I'm hopeful and incredibly calm.

Ps... If you're wondering how I fared last night at our injection class, I am happy to say my body was not on the receiving end of any needles until I got home and did my first Lupron injection!!!

2 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations! I never took Lupron but the Menopur stung like no other when I mixed it with Follistim as instructed. Hope this continues to be more real and brings real results!!!

amy said...

It's getting so close, you must be so excited...I'm totally excited for you! Keep keepin' us posted ;)

Praying for you!