Monday, October 18, 2010

13dpiui *updated*

Well, today is the day I've been waiting for since sometime in September when we found out we'd be doing an iui cycle. Today I have my beta. At some point this afternoon a nurse will call and either say 'hooray, you're pregnant' or 'sorry, not this time.'

I've had a bunch of pregnancy symptoms, but the things about most pregnancy symptoms (as you know) is.... they are mostly the same as period symptoms. I am not one to usually have any "symptoms" prior to AF arriving, so I was optimistic for awhile, but then I remembered that I did trigger this month with Ovi.drel, and that may have something to do with this change.

My BBT had been holding strong and high until this morning when it dropped by .3 - I'm pretty sure my beta will be negative today. I was pretty bummed when I looked at the thermometer this morning and realized my fate, but then I reminded myself that this was only the first try. If today ends as I am anticipating, we will pick ourselves back up and start the process over.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't over just yet. However, I am trying to be honest with myself about the facts- and they just aren't stacking up in our favor!

I'll be back to update late this afternoon with the beta results....

** I just heard from the nurse... My suspicions were right, we will be starting another cycle later this week. I'm bummed, but at the same time I have to keep reminding myself that this was just ONE attempt. I'm ready to jump back in and start over. The protocol will be the same for this next cycle, the only addition will be a repeat SA for the hubs. Unless there are any cysts, I will be back on the joyous (haha) clomid by the end of the week!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sorry to hear this. We both had bad days today. :( Maybe next time will be the one!! Glad to see you are staying so positive.