Thursday, January 19, 2012

Things Change...

I feel like I don't have much to say these days. I always wondered why IF turned pregnancy bloggers abandoned their blogs once they finally reached the end goal. I guess I understand now. There just isn't much to talk about. No monitoring, symptom obsessing (that is only a partial truth) or needle jabbing.

Right now there is less stressing about the babies growing and more stressing about exactly what life is going to be like once they are born. I'm not worried about the actual delivery of the babies, but I've been thinking A LOT about where said delivery will take place. We live in a small town outside of a much larger metro area. Our local hospital is an acute care facility and while they have a great birthing center, they do not have a NICU. This is one of the main things I'm going to talk with my OB about in a couple of weeks when I finally see her. I really don't like the idea of having the babies locally and then needing to transfer them to a larger hospital before I'm released. Even if I can't be with them, I would like for us all to be in the same physical location. I should probably just relax about the whole thing for now- it is still a LOOONG way down the road!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not sure how far the NICO hospitals are from you but I chose to drive further to a hospital with a level 4 NICU vs the local hospital which did not have one at all. While talking to my OB about it she said with your first baby you tend to have a while from when you first go into labor till when the baby is actually born so she didn't feel my 1hr drive would make or break the situation. In the end I had to be induced, but I am still so thankful we had a NICU. My daughter had a few complications during delivery, although she didn't need to go to the NICU I was SO thankful I was there in case she did.

Keep those babies safe MAMA!

Unknown said...

Aren't you so excited? If I am ever in your shoes (pregnant), I would be posting about all that anticipation of meeting your babies. Come on, I know you have more to say! ;)

browning2222 said...

My RE referred me to a hospital that is an hour and half from where I live to deliver because they have a NICU available. Once the RE released me I transferred to a high risk OB at the large hospital and we have my c-section scheduled already (which I would imagine they would do a c-section on you also). This is one less thing that I have to worry about because it is already taken care of. I do not post on my blog as much anymore either, first off because I do not want to make anyone feel bad that it finally happened for me and then I really do not have time with all the naps that I take now.

Good luck to you.

Xiomi said...

I know exactly what you are stressing about once I found out that I was preggo with twins...Knowing that there was a possibility that they would have to go to the NICU made me ask my OB about the hospital where I was to deliver. Since you are a high risk pregnancy b/c of multiples you should do the research and ask your OB if she is able to practice at the hospital with the Level 4 NICU...For me the hospital where I delivered had a Level 3 NICU and my twinkies did not require any NICU stay eventhough they were born at 35 wks and 4 days :)

Being preggo with twins is an AWESOME experience and it gets better as the weeks go by. Take it easy and follow your OB's instructions all the way...if it wasn't b/c of my BP being out of control I would have delivered at 37 wks...I was huge and tired but loved every minute of it. Enjoy the ride!!!