Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Psalm 113:9

"He settles the barren woman in her home
as a happy mother of children.
Praise the LORD."
Psalm 113:9
This past weekend I had the opportunity to surprise my parents early on Sunday morning. They live about two hours away and since my husband was going to be out of town for the majority of the day I decided to head down to visit them and some other friends and family that I don't get to see nearly enough.
I had previously thought I'd go later this week,but when it became apparent that AF would be visiting soon I figured in the interest of being around for a baseline internal ultrasound (more on that later) I should go sooner rather than later. Boy, am I glad that I did.
The verse at the top of this post was part of the reading from last Sunday at the church I grew up in. When the words were read it was like there was not a single other person in the sanctuary. It was as if the little old lady behind the lectern was looking me in the eye reading those words directly to me.
They were words I needed desperately to hear. I was getting anxious about the cycle that is ahead of us. It will be our first time cycling with our fertility clinic which means a lot of new territory and a lot of unknowns. It was as if that reading had been chosen just for me, a perfect reminder that God is with us in the midst of this. Such a good feeling!
In other news, I went in today (CD2) for my baseline internal ultrasound... all I have to say about that is it was gross, and if I don't ever have to do it again I will be one happy gal! The ultrasound showed a fairly thick lining and lots of tiny follicles or cysts on my ovaries. Those tiny cysts in addition to some other symptoms won me a prescription for metformin. Judging by what the doctor said, it should be a pretty enjoyable (NOT!) drug to take. I also got my Rx for clomid, a blood draw, and orders for an HSG. I feel like all of a sudden everything is moving at lightening speed! I have my HSG scheduled for next week and I will have another ultrasound the following day to check on my little eggies. After that we may or may not trigger and then we will be doing an IUI. Crazy!
One more thing... I think my RE is pregnant. At first I couldn't come up with a good reason to see a male RE, I think I found one :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good luck at your HSG although they should be doing that before you ovulate, right?! Just make sure they do.

I'm sure you have researched it already but be sure to take some ibuporfen beforehand. It should be rather painless.

I loved the scripture, what a perfect reminder for girls in our shoes. :) xoxoxoxox