Tuesday, May 1, 2012

23 Weeks

How Far Along: 23 weeks
How Big are the Babies? They are each the size of a pomegranate and about 10.5 inches long.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 16lbs since retrieval. I guess the weight gain is going to come in spurts.
Maternity Clothes: In general I'm pretty much in maternity all the time... at least anytime I have to actually look put together :)
Movement: They move pretty often and are finding their way to my ribs... not my favorite place to feel their sweet little movements! We're starting to be able to see their movements from the outside too... creepy, but so fun!
Belly button in or out? It gets a little more shallow with each passing day!
What I miss: Sleeping like a normal person.
Milestones: 23 week ultrasound! I'll be back later with an update :)
Food Cravings:  Chocolate milkshakes.... protein, right?
Aversions: Eggs. Still grossing me out.
Symptoms:  Exhaustion, leg cramps, lots of soreness and ligament pain. 
Best Moment this week: Finding some really great things (for great deals!) at consignment sales. I've tried not to buy too much considering we have a baby shower coming up, but I keep thinking what if we get loads of clothes and none of the gear- better to just grab it now at cheap prices.... right?
Funny Moment: I was at the grocery store this week and stopped on the pickle aisle, I stood there looking for a couple of minutes deciding what I wanted. I noticed that there was someone else standing there looking also, but I didn't really pay any attention until an older gentleman walked by with a big grin on his face kind of chuckling under his breath. I then looked to the left and noticed that it was me and another visibly pregnant woman standing there both with our hands on our bellies looking at pickles that left this man laughing. 
Tip of the Week: There is no reason not to get prepared for baby (babies) nice and early. The more you are able to get done early on, the more you'll be able to rest in the end. And for twin mamas that could mean the difference of keeping the babies in a couple more weeks. Totally worth the planning ahead! 
What I'm looking forward to: Our baby shower! It is so surreal, but I'm SO SO SO excited- 2.5 weeks!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haha, love your funny moment this week! I agree, the earlier you are prepared, the better. Never know when those babies will be ready to meet you and you don't want to be caught off guard.

Mrs. H said...

Time is flying by. Hope you have a wonderful baby shower! Glad to see you're getting some sleep.

L said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is going well!

Anonymous said...

glad things are moving along well! I am with you, I have a hard time between buying something at a good price or waiting until after the shower to see if I get it. hmmmm

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Hehe your pickle story is awesome!