Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessed...

Some days are hard. Some days I feel like it may never happen. Some days I just need to take a step back and realized just how blessed I am.

So, today in an effort to count my blessings I decided to tally up all of our infertility costs from September through the first week of March.... oh.my.gosh. Wondering why this painful number ($11,628) makes me feel blessed? Well, I've mentioned it before... we have incredible insurance. Of that large price tag, we've only paid a fraction (about 1/8). If that isn't reason enough to feel blessed, I'm not sure what is.

I was recently talking with someone about the SART website, so today I was intrigued to see if there were new stats for my clinic since the last time I looked back when we were choosing a clinic. After looking at the 2009 success rates, I was curious about other places across the nation. I was very surprised at the vast difference in success rates at various clinics. I am counting myself blessed that my clinic has some of the highest success rates that I found for my age group. It makes the possibility of an IVF cycle a little easier to stomach.

So even though I am currently finding myself 6.5 months into treatment still not pregnant, I am still counting myself blessed. The situation could ALWAYS be worse. Sometimes that is hard to remember on the hard days, so I just have to go out of my way to remind myself :)

1 comment:

L said...

Good for you for focusing on the positives. This year I figure we need to keep closer track of our medical bills since they will likely be considerably higher than they have been in the past. Maybe next year we'll actually get a tax refund :)