Thursday, December 2, 2010

oh-my!

For the past few days I've written and deleted more posts than I can count. I just didn't have much to say. I'm on CD 7, just finished my last dose of clo.mid and things are just floating along.

I was just realizing that my days of going to the gym in the morning are almost over for a couple of weeks. My doctor would rather me not do too much cardio in the 2ww, or super close to ovulation for that matter. So, that means I've got a few more days to enjoy my morning frolic on the elliptical while I watch garbage on TV. Wondering how common it is for women to be cautioned about exercise when it comes to fertility meds, ovulation and treatment cycles in general I consulted Dr. Google.

It turns out that it is pretty common for doctors to ask patients to limit the vigor of their exercise as the cycle moves forward. This was exactly what I expected to read and also what I intended to do.

I am sure at this point (if you made it to this point), you are wondering why I didn't write and delete this post along with the others I've written. Hang tight.. there is a punchline to this story.

As I was reading about exercise on one website (dedicated to infertility) I noticed an ad on the side bar. An ad for Plan B. Really? You have an ad for PLAN B on an infertility website? Such a slap in the face. I would have an adverse reaction to any birth control being advertised on an infertility website, but come on, Plan B... that is just too much.

Hopefully I will find something to talk about sometime in the next week... otherwise I'll be back next Thursday after my appointment with the wand!

1 comment:

Nink said...

Been thinking about you. Glad to see you're up and running on this next cycle already. When I did a Clomid / IUI cycle, I was also warned to not over exert myself. Now, on this IVF cycle, I was told to take it very easy. I'm even concerned about picking up my 38-pound daughter! LOL!!! I hope all goes well with this cycle. Just think...you'd find out right around Christmas time! :)