Friday, December 17, 2010

Is it possible?

Is it possible for my insurance company to get ANYTHING right on the first try? I seriously have spent hours on the phone with them in the last few months trying to sort out coverage on our fertility treatments. Don't get me wrong I am BEYOND grateful that we have coverage to begin with, but we do pay a pretty penny for it and for some reason I feel like they should be holding up their end of the bargain.

After all, if I don't jump through each of their pre-auth hoops then they don't pay. What exactly happens when I jump through all of their hoops, and they still mess up the coverage? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that while the majority of my payment goes toward coverage (medical and pharmacy) every month, there is also a portion that goes toward service? Is it wrong of me to expect them to know what they are doing without having to call every other week to inform them of their mistakes? I guess I know how I'll be spending my Monday morning.... perfect kick off to the holiday week!!

No comments: