Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An unlikely metephor.

I ran into this quote today, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. No one said it would be easy, but at least I know that it WILL be worth it. Every single tear I shed and every ounce of pain I feel...
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

After waking up this morning to a lower temperature than I was hoping to see, I was (and maybe still am) in a funk. I found a couple Christmas movies on TV and settled in to spend the day feeling sorry for myself. But then I read this. It reminded me to get things in perspective.

Although we’ve been waiting for what seems like a REALLY long time, there are couples who have been waiting MUCH longer. And although it hurts like crazy and is a pain that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, for me, infertility is kind of like living in Oregon. It takes months and months of rain and gray sky to make us appreciate the sun and warm spring and summer days. For us, it has been winter for over a year, but there is always the promise of spring, it WILL come. Someday.

No comments: