Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Few Random Things....

-Overfilled follistim cartridges make my day. I had a full extra dose in my cartridge last night. That is like finding $150 under your pillow! Yahoo!

-On a less thrilling note, I had a date with the wand this morning. Currently there are 6 follies growing between the two sides. On each side there is one follie at 8.5, 7.5 and 6.5. Assuming that my E2 comes back normal for what we saw today, I will continue with the same follistim dose (75iu) through Sunday night. I'll have another ultrasound and E2 draw on Monday morning to see how things are progressing. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

-I am crossing my fingers for a couple of things right now. First, that the insemination will happen sometime late next week and not over the weekend. I have family heading into town and I would rather not have to explain why I have a doctor appointment on a Saturday when I'm not sick :) And second, hopefully a couple of those follies will pull away and grow quicker than the others. Right now they are all fairly close in size, and we DO NOT want all of them to grow. If they do, my cycle will most likely be canceled.

-My doctor is now officially on maternity leave, so I am now being passed around the office until I decide who I want to stick with. There are three RE's in the practice (including my doctor) and I've seen two of them. Monday my ultrasound will be with the final RE, and all that will be left is the nurse practitioner. I am confident that any of them would do a fantastic job managing my care, but I do wish I could keep my doctor. However, she is is likely in the middle of birthing a baby as I type, so I guess she should get a little time off!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Good luck with this cycle!! So far it sounds promising! It would be great if you had at least 1 strong follicle from each side pull through!

amy said...

Sounding really good...will be praying that you have the perfect amount and perfect size follies that will bring you a little miracle(s) :) Go follies, Go!!

To Those Who Wait said...

I hope the timing of everything works out for you and that you don't have to deal with your visitors at the same time. I am wishing you the best this cycle!

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog :)