I received an email recently asking me about having twins and how and when we made the decision that we wanted more. I never answered the email because each time I started to type, the words sounded so silly to me, cliché and canned. So unhelpful to this person several states away that I don't know. But here is what I should have said....
- I knew when I was a little girl that I'd be pregnant more than once. I never really idealized pregnancy as a child, I just imagined I'd do it more than once.
- Hubs and I both grew up in families with three kids, we both always assumed we'd likely have the same.
- Even through the countless fertility treatments, I still imagined doing it all more than once.
- When I got pregnant with twins I was (am still am) completely satisfied, but I still knew I'd like another if it was possible.
- As I went through a very uneventful pregnancy with multiples, I knew I could and God willing, would do it again.
- When my boys were born screaming and peeing, and I watched as my husband became a daddy- I knew.
- When I held and kissed slimy babies who knew me from their first breath as their mama, I was sure.
- And, my feeling have only been affirmed since then- I hope and pray it's all possible again. I am a mom through and through.