Monday, August 6, 2012

37 weeks

How Far Along: 37 weeks... 9 days or less- single digits!
How Big are the Babies? They are each about the size of a winter melon.... whatever that is! I'd estimate they are right around 6.5 pounds each- we'll get a closer estimate on Thursday!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 36-ish pounds since retrieval- no weight gain this week.
Maternity Clothes: I'm still wearing a little of both and still have one maternity shirt I bought early on that continues to be too big- that pretty much blows my mind!
Movement: Baby A spends a lot of time sleeping unless I'm laying in just the right way for him to stretch out a bit. Baby B is the feistier of the two and spends a good amount of time getting angry when anything changes in his little world-- For example, his brother having the hiccups or me resting my phone or kindle on my belly.
Belly button in or out? Still in/flat most of the time
What I miss: Not being in pain when I change positions. Sitting to standing, laying to standing... all those transitions are getting more and more difficult. 
Milestones: 37 weeks- full term. I am SO READY!
Food Cravings: Fresh veggies (fresh mini cucumbers with pepper and vinegar), hummus and flat bread, donuts, super cold grapes and shaved ice. 
Aversions: I ate two eggs yesterday, so maybe I'm over that!
Symptoms:  Exhaustion, very tightly stretched sore belly skin, numb belly, leg cramps, lots of pelvic pain, lots of general soreness, constant hunger, excessively dry skin, Braxton hicks, contractions and heartburn.
Best Moment this week: Getting everything in order for the boys' arrival! Car seats were checked, bags are packs, house is sparkling clean, laundry is complete, meals are in the freezer.

Funny Moment: The look of amazement on my husbands face every time he touches my belly- it is CRAZY tight. One night be put his freezing cold glass of ice water up against Baby B to see if he could get a reaction from him and I didn't even flinch. He looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I could only barely even feel something touching me and felt absolutely NOTHING in terms of coldness. 
Tip of the Week: HOLY COW- Zan.tac for heartburn! My doctor told me it would be fine to take one before bedtime (that is when my heartburn is at its absolute worst) and I cannot even begin to explain how much better I slept. I wake up my usual two times to go to the bathroom, but fall back to sleep immediately. I wish I would have asked/tried something different sooner! 
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing the boys on Thursday- even if they are nearly unrecognizable in there! We'll see my Dr's partner on Thursday and that will be our final appointment before the birth of our sweet boys! I CANNOT believe we are this close!

For the record, I totally thought last night was going to be it. I was having some contractions and I felt like someone had grabbed my lower uterus/cervical area and was wringing it out like a wet towel- in other words it was PAINFUL! I sat on the ball for awhile and then finally got into bed and things slowed and ultimately stopped enough for me to go to sleep. BOO! I'm pretty sure I'll feel like I've won the lottery when I go into labor or my water breaks- I am SO SO SO ready and 9 days feels like FOR.EV.ER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are more than ready! I hope these 9 days go by fairly fast, or maybe your boys will decide that they want to meet you earlier. Hang in there!

L said...

Hooray for full-term! Ugh, I feel like it's the worst when you have lots of contractions for a while and then they just completely stop - it's such a let down. I hope they come back so you can meet your boys sooner, rather than later.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

OMG you have a week or less! I hope they decide to come sooner!