Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Inspired By Old Words...

I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of writing drought. There isn't much to say when the testing is done and you're waiting for a new cycle to begin in order to jump into IVF. So, this morning after replying to a few emails I sifted through posts I've written and never published thinking that perhaps I'd find a little inspiration. I hit the jackpot. I'm not sure why this post wasn't ever published, but today is the day...





"Once you choose hope, anything is possible." - Christopher Reeve




I've been thinking about hope a lot lately. I am not one to put a TON of hope into any given cycle... it is easier that way. If there isn't much hope, there isn't much disappointment- or at least that is what I've tricked myself into thinking. However, I think I've been selling myself short. It is time to choose hope. I have recently realized that it is ok to hope with all I've got, because you know what? It is ok to be broken if after being hopeful it doesn't work out.


Bottom line, it is ok to fail.


Sure, it hurts and I am not very good at it, but there are lessons to be learned in the midst of failure. Lessons I am sure I need to learn. So here goes nothing, I am choosing hope.





...I love it! This post was the perfect reminder as we head into our IVF cycle. I will surely be remembering this as I put on my HOPE necklace every morning.


7 comments:

B- said...

great post! I feel like I am in a similar place after my failed cycle and now waiting for another one to begin. This was great and what a perfect quote! Thanks!

E and R said...

Love this!!! It is a good reminder for me as well. It is hard to get hopes up and then have them crushed (especially those of us going through IF - we experience that crush of defeat at least 1x/month). But, for me at least, my being crushed by yet another BFN did not change based on how much hope I had for that cycle!

Michele said...

Good choice, I'm still withholding hope each cycle. I don't know that I ever had hope for a natural conception.

Here's hoping for you though.

L said...

What a great post! We could probably all use a little more hope.

Katie Norman said...

I think it's hard for people to distinguish between hope and expectations. Or at least I really struggle with that. Someone told me a few years ago to not let my hopes turn into expectations. It makes sense, but it's hard to put into action. God wants us to put our hope in Him but we can't place expectations on Him. If we could keep our hopes from becoming expectations, I think disappointment would be less painful... maybe. Praying that all your hopes are fulfilled!

JM said...

Fantastic post! The last couple of cycles, I haven't had a lot of hope because they're completely au natural (except for the opk) while waiting to get with a new RE. I figure, if it hasn't happened by itself in two and a half years, why will it now?

But I really need to get over the negativity. Thanks for helping!!

Kelli said...

Love this....hooray for AF on her way!