Tuesday, March 6, 2012

15 weeks

How Far Along: 15 weeks 

How Big are the Babies? They are the size of an apple or an orange.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down 2lbs. post retrieval. Up a little less than a pound from last week. 
Maternity Clothes: If I'm not at home and wearing sweats, I'm at least wearing maternity on the bottom. Several non-maternity tops still fit, and a couple pairs of regular jeans will work, but they get very uncomfortable VERY quickly!
Gender: We don't know yet, but we are crossing our fingers for a peek tomorrow.
Movement: I've felt a weird feeling a few times.. I'm still not convinced its the babies. 
Sleep: Sleep and I are not getting along. I wake up almost nightly at  3am and depending on the day, I can MAYBE go back to sleep after being up for 45 minutes to a hour. Some nights are better and some are worse. I figure I'm just getting prepared for not sleeping a wink once these babies arrive!
Belly button in or out? In, but it feels super weird. I think the top of my uterus is about halfway up my belly button currently which is a really odd feeling. 
What I miss: Sleep! I've always been one to lay down, fall asleep almost instantly and sleep soundly through the night... those days are O-V-E-R!
Milestones: Being comfortably in the second trimester and feeling better overall.
Food Cravings:  Fruit, veggies, potato salad and sour gummy candy.
Aversions: Eggs are still off the list,
Symptoms: Nausea when I get hungry, insomnia, occasional heartburn, tailbone pain and overall fatigue
Best Moment this week: Going out to dinner to celebrate our babies. We have a favorite spendy restaurant that we went to a couple years ago on our anniversary- on that day we said we would go back to celebrate when we got pregnant and not before.... 2.5 years later we were eating steak and enjoying table-side preparation of our side dishes and dessert. We had a wonderful time celebrating these little babes growing in my belly.
Funny Moment: An intense need for sour patch kids and potato salad at 8pm one evening. For the record, they would delicious!
Tip of the Week: I think it is funny that this remains the same for me every.single.week. You'd think I would learn by now... keep eating and drinking- always!
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our babies again... TOMORROW!!!

7 comments:

E and R said...

Glad things are going well, I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! Already missing our lunch dates :(

Cristy said...

Congrats on hitting 15 weeks!!! I hope the ultrasound is filled with joy and lots of laughter

Mrs. H said...

Congrats on heading into your second trimester. Sounds like all your cravings are healthy foods (fruits, veggies and yes I consider gummy sours healthy cause I like em). Can't wait to hear how your gender appointment goes.

Emily said...

LOL I just love the potato salad and sour candy! I can't wait to hear about tomorrow's US! I am glad you guys celebrated. Sounds like a great time.

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I hope you get a peak at the genders tomorrow! Take naps when you can, even if they are short!

a miracle 4 us said...

Glad you are doing well. Good luck tomorrow!

Jessica said...

Good luck at your appointment today! Thinking of you!