Thank you jrs at Find Joy Now for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. My motto for 2010 has been Find Joy in the Journey. So much of the time I cursing the journey that takes me from here to there, and infertility is no different. When I saw the name of jrs' blog in the blogroll of another that I read, I was instantly intrigued! One of the first posts that I read of hers was this one about some well meaning neighbors and their all knowing fertility advice. Hilarious. I don't know much about jrs yet, but I can't wait to read more about her walk down this winding path!
The instructions that go along with this award are as follows:
• Thank the person that nominated you for this award (see above).
• Copy the award and place it on your blog.
• Link the person that nominated you for this award.
• Tell us seven interesting things about yourself.
• Nominate seven bloggers.
• Post the links to the seven bloggers.
1. My thumbs are double jointed.... just like my mom.
2. When I started this blog, it was private. My husband was the only one who had the password. It was him that convinced me to become public and share our struggle.
3. I used to scare my college roommate all.the.time. My husband is returning the favor. What goes around comes around I guess.
4. I didn't eat beef or pork for 10 years. I have recently been reunited with steak, and I've vowed to never stray again.
5. One of my fondest childhood memories is being chosen from the crowd to be in a parade at Disney Land on my 5th birthday.
6. My husband and I were both part of the same longitudinal study when we were 7 years old. We have become a researcher's dream. We are still asked to share about our life (paid, of course) every couple of years.
7. I have (and ALWAYS have had) a skin imperfection on my right pointer finger. My husband claims that he had NEVER noticed it until about a year ago. We've been together for 9 years, and now it totally grosses him out.
I am pretty new to blogging, but I've got a few favorites that have inspired me along the way!
I am nominating the following bloggers for this award....
Busted Plumbing - Too Funny! This blog is a MUST read!
The A.R.T. of Baby Making - She typically has a good wit about her, and is pretty honest about everything she is going through.
Growing Our Own Garden - My go-to for an inspirational uplifting post.
Young but Infertile? - Another funny blogger!
Bottoms Off And On the Table - Hands down my favorite blog title.
Infertility and Me - My very first follower!