Thursday, September 30, 2010

HSG...

Can I just say that from the moment those letters left the lips of my RE I have been nervous about this test?? I read several reviews of the test online and very few of them were positive. I started getting super anxious last night and this morning I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. Now, I just feel dumb!

Seriously, it was no more painful than a regular trip to the gyno. Sure there was some cramping when the dye went in, but really it was not even close to the pain I read about. Perhaps it was because I had a Dr. that specializes in this specific procedure or maybe it was the 800mg of advil I took an hour before the test, whatever it was, I'm happy its over.

I think it is pretty amazing anytime I get to have a look at my insides. I got to see my uterus fill with dye and then spill out the end of both tubes... YAHOO!! She said that she didn't see any issues and that I may be more fertile this cycle.

Tomorrow I go for my mid cycle scan to check on my follies. I've been feeling some action in that general area today, but I am not sure if it is my ovaries or if it is the after effects of the dye. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I get another peek at the inside of my body.

No comments: